The General Hand will work in the finishing team, assembling and packing doors, spares and stoves. Fettling duties on a rotational basis will be required, for which full training will be given.
- Assemble stoves in accordance with ‘stove assembly instructions’, move to packing.
- Build sub assemblies to ‘sub-assembly instructions’, move to Stores.
- Pack stoves in accordance with ‘stove packing instructions’, move to Stores.
- Manufacture doors to ‘door assembly instructions’, move to Stores.
- Re-work returned goods and internal non-conforming parts as required.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within ‘standard time’.
- Produce fettled parts to specification.
- Ensure daily and weekly equipment checks and maintenance is completed.
- Report any faults and discuss improvement opportunities with the Team Leader.
- Ensure adequate housekeeping is maintained within your own work area.
- Ensure all Company Health and Safety Procedures and Safe Systems of Working are followed.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used as directed, maintained and stored correctly.
- Ensure all Company Quality Standards are maintained.
- Ensure compliance to all Company Rules and Regulations.
- Any other reasonable task as directed by your Line Manager.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Able to meet targets, whilst demonstrating accuracy and quality of work.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions.
- Well organised, with a systematic approach to work.
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail.
Salary: £17,385 - £20,338 per annum (equivalent to £8.35 - £9.77 per hour), depending on experience.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am until 4.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break
21 days annual leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day at 2 years' service, another day at 4 years' service, to a maximum of 24 days at 6 years' service.