As Junior Design Engineer, you will be part of the Research and Development Team, developing woodburning stoves, designing and developing new products, as well as assisting in CAD support.
This is a varied role, which encompasses many aspects including idea generation, concept design, 2D & 3D CAD, technical documentation, presentations, hands on prototyping, stove testing and bringing a product to market.
The Junior Design Engineer will report to the Research and Development Manager who in turn reports to the Directors.
- Creating CAD Designs and Engineering Drawings.
- Developing of new and existing Products for manufacture.
- Effectively liaise with the Engineering and Production departments to ensure that all products are designed in a manner that promotes efficient, cost effective, production without compromising the aesthetics and functionality of the product concept.
- Ensure all activities are carried out to company policies and procedures.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- HND or HNC in an applicable Design or engineering discipline.
- Experience using SolidWorks or Solid Edge CAD software.
- Good understanding of design for manufacture principles.
- Good understanding and experience of designing sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of relevant domestic and international product standards.
- Good project and time management skills.
- Able to generate innovative and creative ideas to drive new product development.
- Experience hands on prototyping.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, providing accurate and precise information to other departments and suppliers.
- An eye for detail with a systematic, logical approach to tasks.
- Able creatively problem solve design issues.
£20,000 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am until 4.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break.
21 days annual leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day at 2 years' service, another day at 4 years' service, to a maximum of 24 days at 6 years' service.