The Maintenance Engineer will primarily be responsible for the routine maintenance and repair of all production plant and equipment.
The Maintenance Engineer will also be required to take responsibility for the repair and maintenance of the entire company sites in Axminster, including building repair and all services to the factory and warehouse.
Inspection, maintenance and repair of the following, either directly or through approved service engineers:
- Manufacturing plant type, including but not limited to, Bystronic and Trumpf press brake machines, Trumpf laser and Esprit Plasma cutting machines, Hare hydraulic presses;
- Lifting equipment including various fork lift trucks, pallet trucks and finished product packaging equipment and hoists;
- Welding plant and ancillary items used in conjunction with the hand welding process, lift tables etc;
- Motoman 6 axis robotic welder;
- Electrostatic wet paint system;
- Factory wide Compressed Air system;
- Power and hand tools used by welders, fettlers and assembly operatives / recommendation for repair or replacement as necessary;
- PAT testing of all portable appliances, as and when required;
- Factory and warehouse electrical, water, and air systems;
- Maintenance and general upkeep of building and facilities; and
- Fabrication of items or structures for production line improvement.
In addition, the role will include:
- Upkeep of records on our Asset, Maintenance and Servicing Software; Maintenance Pro 5;
- Upkeep of machinery and plant records in files – handbooks, service agreements, contracts;
- Planning and scheduling statutory testing, inspection and thorough examination of plant to comply with regulations under the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999; and
- Co-operation in implementing and compliance with Arada Ltd Quality Assurance System.
- Working knowledge of similar plant and machinery.
- Good IT skills to level 2 Word and Excel.
- Full driving license.
- Electrical / hydraulic / pneumatic systems.
- General building maintenance.
- Fabrication skills
- Working safely.
- Good communication skills.
- Team working ability.
- Able to plan and manage time.
- Can focus on goals.
- Able to work on own initiative.
Up to £26,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am until 4.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break
21 days annual leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day at 2 years' service, another day at 4 years' service, to a maximum of 24 days at 6 years' service.